0808 252 0678 [email protected] Let us call you back Send us brief details
Latest news

The British Tinnitus Association states that around 30 per cent of the population experience tinnitus at some point in their lives, and that 10 per cent live with persistent tinnitus. Of this 10 per cent, it is highly likely that many of them have been subject to noise-induced hearing loss, a condition that has become a significant problem for military personnel.

For military personnel, hearing loss and tinnitus are commonly related to the conditions they are exposed to in the line of duty. Aircraft and vehicle engine noise; mortars; explosions’ pyrotechnics and gun and artillery fire are a fact of everyday life in the services.

Tinnitus in the mildest of cases is an annoyance. In the worst cases however the effects can be catastrophic with a range of emotional, health and lifestyle implications. Quality of life is often seriously affected by the intrusive ringing, humming, whistling and buzzing that is symptomatic of the condition.

Ministry of Defence Duty of Care

The fact is that the Ministry of Defence, like any employer, has a duty of care to safeguard its personnel from the risk of hearing damage. However, there still remains a considerable problem, with an estimated 300,000 ex-military personnel in the UK suffering noise-induced hearing loss and tinnitus.

Noise induced hearing loss and tinnitus can have a serious impact on various aspects of daily life. If therefore you feel you have been affected by hearing loss from the military and are wondering, “Can I claim for hearing loss from the army?” then you should definitely find out all you can about making a claim for military tinnitus. Here we take a look at some of the most commonly asked questions about military tinnitus claims to help you understand more about the process.

I’ve been refused a payment under the War Pension / AFCS Scheme. Can I still make a claim for military tinnitus?

The War Pension and Armed Forces Compensation Schemes are very strict when it comes to qualifying criteria, so many ex-service personnel go on to find that when they make a civil claim, they are more likely to succeed and receive a higher payout than they would with either of these schemes.

Isn’t the MoD exempt from prosecution?

Crown Immunity was lifted in 1987. This means that all service personnel have a right to make a claim against the Ministry of Defence.

Is there a cure for tinnitus?

Unfortunately there is no cure for tinnitus; however there are treatments, exercises, therapies and aids that can reduce the impact of the symptoms and help to lessen the intrusive noise. Some of these however can be quite expensive, which is why compensation is so important. It means you will be able to access a greater and better range of treatments so that your chances of finding a way to live with the condition are enhanced.

How do I make a claim for military tinnitus?

If you are suffering from tinnitus or hearing loss from the military, the first step is to talk to a specialist solicitor with specific experience in this field of personal injury claims.

Seth Lovis & Co. is a London based law firm with a respected track record in military tinnitus and deafness claims. You can discuss your situation with total reassurance that it will be dealt with by helpful experts committed to securing the highest possible level of compensation on your behalf so that you can access the financial assistance you need to help treat your condition as soon as possible.


To talk to a member of our expert team simply call us on 020 3411 6907 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..


Contact Us